CJ CURRY S05 E12: WE FEEL VERY GOOD, THANKS!
So here's the semi-infamous Thirty Day Song Challenge, all done within one hour. With my comments, and compliments.
- Your favourite song: Coma Cat - Tensnake
Coma Cat is most definitely a summer song. I love summer. And I love summer songs. So I naturally love Coma Cat. It also brings to mind visions of Wii Sports Resort, oddly enough.
- Your least favourite song: Mister Brightside - The Killers
Don't go there.
- A song that makes you happy: Every Day, Every Moment, Every Time - Agnelli & Nelson
It's been making me happy since New Year's Eve 2007. Had it stuck in my head as I scooted off to my mate's place for my first "proper" New Year's party.
- A song that makes you sad: Sacrifice (Pocket 808 version) - Rainbows Of Death
Never fails. Ever since late last year, when I first heard it on a rainy night. A rainy Melbourne night, come to that. Beautiful song.
- A song that reminds you of someone: Shooting Stars - Bag Raiders ft. Rhys
It's kinda hard to forget.
- A song that reminds you of somewhere: Alone - Tennishero ft. Chelonis R. Jones
Love it. Reminds me of Coffin Bay. Went there on a trip in early 2007 and pretty much had a really nice time.
- A song that reminds you of a certain event: She Says (Wahoo rmx) - Milke
- A song that you know all the words to: Paradise - Sam La More
Coulda gone with a whole bunch, but I went for the one that was the easiest and freshest in my head. I'd like to perform this one, somehow.
- A song that you can dance to: I Wanna See You - The Aston Shuffle
Hell, pretty much ANYTHING by The Aston Shuffle.
- A song that makes you fall asleep: En Attendant Cousteau - Jean-Michel Jarre
If it's soft and 45' long, I'll listen to it until I sleep. Ambient music FTW.
- A song from your favourite band: We Fight For Diamonds - Cut Copy
I doubt they'll be playing it at the concert I'll be attending soon. It's about 1' long and is pretty much filler.
- A song from a band you hate: anything by Nickelback
Seriously. He sounds like a MOOSE.
- A song that is a guilty pleasure: American Girls - John B
There's a few of those. I picked perhaps the most risqué one.
- A song that no-one would expect you to like: Bear Witness - Dr. Octagon
Two reasons. As a friend says, it's "too black" for me; also, it has the line "I create rap music 'cause I never dug disco". Another friend accepted that I do like some decent songs, based on that one song.
- A song that describes you: I Am Not A Robot - Marina And The Diamonds
Also could be Animal by Miike Snow. But this'll do nicely. It's a more accurate description, save one line.
- A song that you used to love but now hate: Don't Hold Back - The Potbelleez
This song and I have had an awkward relationship: I hated it, then loved it, now hate again. I hated it because it was everywhere. I loved it because it was played at the most important time. Now I hate it because... it's everywhere.
- A song you hear often on the radio: The Face Of The Planet - The Subs
An amazing song, too.
- A song you wish you heard on the radio: Crave You - Flight Facilities ft. Giselle
It used to be on a whole bunch. And I really enjoyed it. Now, it's kinda faded into the background a little.
- A song from your favourite album: Arpeggio - Jackson And His Computer Band
From Destroy. It's a song that sends me to my place, believe it or not.
- A song you listen to when you're angry: Wobble (Stumped Up rmx) - Aphrodite
As you do. DnB is very useful for anger. Makes me calmer (believe it or not) - probably because of the hypnotic beat.
- A song you listen to when you're happy: Burial - Miike Snow
Burial = spring 2009. Spring 2009 memories = happy CJ.
- A song you listen to when you're sad: Love On A Real Train - Tangerine Dream
Works well with this. Trust me. And never trust anyone who says "trust me".
- A song you want to play at your wedding: Stereo Love - Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina
I never really had much of an answer for this song. But this'll do - it seems appropriate.
- A song you want to play at your funeral: Feeling Oblivion - Turin Brakes
Not that I'll be there to appreciate it.
- A song that makes you laugh: Fix Your Accent - Fake Blood
Every time. Every single time.
- A song that you can play on an instrument: Cavatina - John Williams
I can play this one on the piano. It's supposed to be a guitar song (I hear) but I'm happy with a piano.
- A song that you wish you could play: The Truth (High Highs rmx) - Pnau
It seems easy enough. Now I need to play it by ear. Seems like it's only a handful of chords.
- A song that makes you feel guilty: Air Traffic (ATC Chill mix) - Three Drives (On A Vinyl)
I don't know whether their full name is Three Drives or Three Drives On A Vinyl. I'll go with the parentheses and leave it at that.
- A song from your childhood: Don't Cry - Human Nature
Whenever I heard this, late at night, I felt... lonely without being alone. I didn't know what the feeling was back then. I love that feeling now.
- Your favourite song this time last year (April 2010): Escape Me - Tiësto ft. C.C. Sheffield
It's still an awesome song.
And on a final note: try the song Some Polyphony - Petter. You deserve it.
join the experience again soon...