April 15, 2011

My finest dream?

the 92nd experience has begun...

CJ CURRY S05 E12: WE FEEL VERY GOOD, THANKS!

So here's the semi-infamous Thirty Day Song Challenge, all done within one hour. With my comments, and compliments.
  1. Your favourite song: Coma Cat - Tensnake
    Coma Cat is most definitely a summer song. I love summer. And I love summer songs. So I naturally love Coma Cat. It also brings to mind visions of Wii Sports Resort, oddly enough.
  2. Your least favourite song: Mister Brightside - The Killers
    Don't go there.
  3. A song that makes you happy: Every Day, Every Moment, Every Time - Agnelli & Nelson
    It's been making me happy since New Year's Eve 2007. Had it stuck in my head as I scooted off to my mate's place for my first "proper" New Year's party.
  4. A song that makes you sad: Sacrifice (Pocket 808 version) - Rainbows Of Death
    Never fails. Ever since late last year, when I first heard it on a rainy night. A rainy Melbourne night, come to that. Beautiful song.
  5. A song that reminds you of someone: Shooting Stars - Bag Raiders ft. Rhys
    It's kinda hard to forget.
  6. A song that reminds you of somewhere: Alone - Tennishero ft. Chelonis R. Jones
    Love it. Reminds me of Coffin Bay. Went there on a trip in early 2007 and pretty much had a really nice time.
  7. A song that reminds you of a certain event: She Says (Wahoo rmx) - Milke
    Similar.
  8. A song that you know all the words to: Paradise - Sam La More
    Coulda gone with a whole bunch, but I went for the one that was the easiest and freshest in my head. I'd like to perform this one, somehow.
  9. A song that you can dance to: I Wanna See You - The Aston Shuffle
    Hell, pretty much ANYTHING by The Aston Shuffle.
  10. A song that makes you fall asleep: En Attendant Cousteau - Jean-Michel Jarre
    If it's soft and 45' long, I'll listen to it until I sleep. Ambient music FTW.
  11. A song from your favourite band: We Fight For Diamonds - Cut Copy
    I doubt they'll be playing it at the concert I'll be attending soon. It's about 1' long and is pretty much filler.
  12. A song from a band you hate: anything by Nickelback
    Seriously. He sounds like a MOOSE.
  13. A song that is a guilty pleasure: American Girls - John B
    There's a few of those. I picked perhaps the most risqué one.
  14. A song that no-one would expect you to like: Bear Witness - Dr. Octagon
    Two reasons. As a friend says, it's "too black" for me; also, it has the line "I create rap music 'cause I never dug disco". Another friend accepted that I do like some decent songs, based on that one song.
  15. A song that describes you: I Am Not A Robot - Marina And The Diamonds
    Also could be Animal by Miike Snow. But this'll do nicely. It's a more accurate description, save one line.
  16. A song that you used to love but now hate: Don't Hold Back - The Potbelleez
    This song and I have had an awkward relationship: I hated it, then loved it, now hate again. I hated it because it was everywhere. I loved it because it was played at the most important time. Now I hate it because... it's everywhere.
  17. A song you hear often on the radio: The Face Of The Planet - The Subs
    An amazing song, too.
  18. A song you wish you heard on the radio: Crave You - Flight Facilities ft. Giselle
    It used to be on a whole bunch. And I really enjoyed it. Now, it's kinda faded into the background a little.
  19. A song from your favourite album: Arpeggio - Jackson And His Computer Band
    From Destroy. It's a song that sends me to my place, believe it or not.
  20. A song you listen to when you're angry: Wobble (Stumped Up rmx) - Aphrodite
    As you do. DnB is very useful for anger. Makes me calmer (believe it or not) - probably because of the hypnotic beat.
  21. A song you listen to when you're happy: Burial - Miike Snow
    Burial = spring 2009. Spring 2009 memories = happy CJ.
  22. A song you listen to when you're sad: Love On A Real Train - Tangerine Dream
    Works well with this. Trust me. And never trust anyone who says "trust me".
  23. A song you want to play at your wedding: Stereo Love - Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina
    I never really had much of an answer for this song. But this'll do - it seems appropriate.
  24. A song you want to play at your funeral: Feeling Oblivion - Turin Brakes
    Not that I'll be there to appreciate it.
  25. A song that makes you laugh: Fix Your Accent - Fake Blood
    Every time. Every single time.
  26. A song that you can play on an instrument: Cavatina - John Williams
    I can play this one on the piano. It's supposed to be a guitar song (I hear) but I'm happy with a piano.
  27. A song that you wish you could play: The Truth (High Highs rmx) - Pnau
    It seems easy enough. Now I need to play it by ear. Seems like it's only a handful of chords.
  28. A song that makes you feel guilty: Air Traffic (ATC Chill mix) - Three Drives (On A Vinyl)
    I don't know whether their full name is Three Drives or Three Drives On A Vinyl. I'll go with the parentheses and leave it at that.
  29. A song from your childhood: Don't Cry - Human Nature
    Whenever I heard this, late at night, I felt... lonely without being alone. I didn't know what the feeling was back then. I love that feeling now.
  30. Your favourite song this time last year (April 2010): Escape Me - Tiësto ft. C.C. Sheffield
    It's still an awesome song.
And on a final note: try the song Some Polyphony - Petter. You deserve it.

join the experience again soon...

No comments:

CC BY Australia. Some rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.