See extra large. I like this.
So, it's time for the season finale. Again. Thus endeth the seventh season of the CJ Curry Experience, and my god, it was a fucked-up season. Here's a quick summary.
- Mid February. I explained who Biscuit was, showed you my personal history, and wondered what the hell Johnny cakes were. In real life I was mindfucking myself.
- Mid February. I asked what love, happiness, comfort and π were, explained the Curryland tax on randomness, and welcomed a bunch of n00bs to the machine. Which I also did out there in the analogue void.
- Early March. The drama was happening in my life as I wrote about DNA, a couple of people I'd met in the past week and a half, and mashed my keyboard.
- Early March. There was nothing else to do except escape from the still-dramatic drama and procrastinate by dying my hair and talking to Clarabell the Cow. Babylon.
- Mid March. Explained stuff in ten parts, though the seventh part was done twice and the final part was the ninth. I also invented the word "plarqet".
- Mid March. I seemed obsessed with green, since that was the colour of my hair. I was also obsessed with the White Lion.
- Late March. My life in ten stardates, but I also managed to squeeze in a little bit about being amazed. Also a hedgehog. I like hedgehog. (Someone asked if I was obsessed with suricata.)
- Early April. Somehow I was inspired to write fiction. How dare I do that, when there's stupidity and randomness to be written! But I wrote about someone crazy in the coconut. That makes up for it.
- Mid April. It was all music lyrics. I swear. A full list follows. Reality had sunk in and I was attempting to be classworthy and collegeworthy and friendshipworthy. With some success. Balance is win.
- Mid April. 'Twas time to show off my new-found chav nature and obsession with LISP. Also my fangirlishness et al.
- Late April. The experiment to shock a nation: what happens when CJ doesn't have any ideas or inspiration? He gets eaten by a velociraptor. Don't worry, I got better.
- Early May. Possibly the most boring post I wrote all season, to reflect the fact that nothing of interest was happening in my life at the time. Early May is always a hum-de-hum.
- Early May. A tour of Curryland for the uninitiated (and believe me, there are always uninitiated people every year). Stuck to the hum-de-hum.
- Mid May. I wrote another newspost. I love doing those because I get to be punny! I also get to poke fun at as many politicians as I can.
- Late May. Sleep-deprived, I struggled with topology and Melbourne
WTFweather. Also killed my GPU. Also got saddled with more drama and work than I could handle, as the unthinkablesemi-thinkable happened. Again. But I handled it.
- Early June. Lost the Game, won the musics. Seems as though one in every ten posts is musical. I really did make that mix. I loved it.
- Early June. Figured I'd best get a wriggle on as exams started happening. So my post frequency started increasing a little. And I played out the first few moves of a chess game.
- Mid June. My list of games, purely for your interest. Mind, at the time I was halfway through exam study, so probably not a good idea...
- Mid June. A few surveys, in order to give you lot a deeper understanding about the inner workings of my mind.
- Late June. Possibly the latest in June I've ever posted. Talked about the season, wrapped it up nicely with a little bow, and gave it specially to YOU. (No, not you. YOU.)
So. That list I promised.
- Niton (The Reason) - Eric Prydz
- Holding The Moth - Underworld
- Right Time - Kaskade
- And I'm Telling You - Gramophonedzie
- All These Things - Darren Hanlon
- Time To Pretend - MGMT
- Keep It Goin' (Louder) - Major Lazer
- Slide - Tommy Trash
- It's Our Future - Awex
- Home - Chakra
- Galore - Style Of Eye
- Say You Will - Kajmere ft. Dajee
- Papillon - Editors
- Because - Hi Fi Serious
- Tout Est Bleu - Jean-Michel Jarre
- I Still Love You - Switch
- Could This Be Real - Sub Focus
- Sad Song - Au Revoir Simone
- Inside - Bang Gang
- Heartbeat - Annie (a mondegreen)
- With Every Heartbeat - Robyn
- With Or Without You - U2
- Foreign Language - Flight Facilities ft. Jess
- Love For Granted - Phoenix
- No Stopping Us - Kic Pimpz
- Forever - Dee Dee
- Precious Heart - Tall Paul
- Magic Love - Bent
- Swimming Pool - Catcall
- Wonders Never Cease - Morcheeba
- Mass Destruction - Faithless
- Remember (To The Millennium) - The Morrighan
- Bangarang - Skrillex
I'm now going to scoot away for a while, unfuck myself, and prepare for season 8. Coming at you in late July, maybe early August if I don't pull my finger out of my arsehole and get going straightaway. Also keep 'em peeled for the FYP editions, coming in seasons 9 and 10!
See you in July!
*ahem* For those who have been patient enough to scroll down, here is a season eight preview:
- I shall study discrete algebraic structures, network and web security, operating systems and applied statistics. Gods help me. (post ~1)
- It's about time for me to pass the baton. I've been running this race for quite a while now, so someone else is going to take over. (post ~7)
- I shall run, I shall smack (with a racquet), I shall hit (with a pool cue) and I shall do more of the fun-filled leisure activities I've been doing for ages. (posts ~7 and ~16)
- Finally, I will get through all of Neon Genesis Evangelion. (post... actually, that could be anywhere)
- One episode will be dedicated solely to my mission log. My mission: Extra Life. To be carried out in mid-October. I aim for 16/24, wish me luck and sponsoringness! (post ~14)
- My seventh ball. I've not said much about the other six - a special post, perhaps. (post ~15)
- I say a final farewell to, and have my final hoo-rah at, the place that has housed me so well for four years. (post 17-20 - a four-part special, perhaps?)