June 2, 2012

The perihelion of my life.

lose the game.

CXXXVI


Music, pleaze. Today it comes from a newly-constructed playlist.
  1. Flame Trees - Sarah Blasko. To my surprise, I found myself enjoying this tune. I've been told it's a cover of Cold Chisel, but that doesn't make it any less nice. I give it points for the sultry factor.
  2. Love, Where Is Your Fire? - Brooke Fraser. Who the heck is Brooke Fraser? I don't know. Quick webcrawl tells me she's a Kiwi folk-pop singer. This song is similar to the above. Not what I'd have in my playlist, but not bad.
  3. When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keating. H'm. I never liked Ronan Keating. Thankfully, this song is the only one of his I can tolerate to any degree. The music video is kinda interesting too, so that barely wins my vote.
  4. All My Loving - Jim Sturgess. I really didn't like working with this song, mainly because of the vocals at the start being sung over nothing. But I think I made it work. Not usually a Beatles fan.
  5. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd. Now THIS is more like it. A classic tune that is both experimental and kinda awesome. I've always loved it and my gods I was relieved that this song was requested of me.
  6. Carnival Of Rust - Poets Of The Fall. Unfortunately this song reminded me all too strongly of Chad Kröger. Nevertheless, I was glad since it's a versatile song, and I needed a little versatility here.
  7. Blender - The Pretty Reckless. The only song that really doesn't fit in anywhere, so I stuck it in here. It annoys me and always did, throughout the whole process. Does it show that I hate metal?
  8. Love Games - The Mighty Boosh. The song's cheeky and a bit of fun, though I can't say I enjoy the Boosh much. This was another easy song to place, though the falsetto might have scarred me for life.
  9. The Anthem - Onra. Weird, freaky electronica. I love it despite its shortness, and the annoying sampling of (clearly) a southeast Asian language (possibly Vietnamese?) because it's weird.
  10. Shuffle - Bombay Bicycle Club. This track is incredible. Simple as that. Bouncy, fun, and with some really cool lyrics. This song is my second favourite and I thank the requester a lot.
  11. Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Teló. Heck of a change, and heck of an international flavour. But it's bouncy and fun. I'll pay this song its dues, as I have a slight soft spot for this stuff.
  12. Absolutely Everybody - Vanessa Amorosi. Now we're getting into the housy stuff. Slow house, but house nonetheless. This is a dance-starter and always should be.
  13. Big In Japan - Martin Solveig & Dragonette ft. Idoling!!!. Aside from the obnoxiously-used exclamation marks, this song isn't bad. It's a club-cross-electronica enthusiast's dream. Almost. But it satisfies my sensibilities.
  14. Wild Ones (David Guetta & Nicky Romero rmx) - Flo Rida ft. Sia. What the hell? Where's Flo? Gone? Good! The song flows way better without Flo anyway. Sure, it's a David Guetta sellout, but it's not bad.
  15. Dream In The Desert (Flight Facilities "Red Tailed Hawk" rmx) - The Lowbrows. Flight Facilities have given us another gem, clearly. Winning and winning hard.
  16. Coma Cat - Tensnake. Everyone knows my opinion about this song already; given that it's the most played song in my library, it shouldn't be too hard to guess anyway.
  17. Just Between You And Me - Lou Gramm. Whoa, what an ending song! I decidedly like this song as an ending song. Not sure if I'd ever put it in my permanent playlist, but... it's not bad.
And on that quaver, I shall bugger off. (get it because a quaver is a NOTE and I basically said on that NOTE ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha whee.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJJV1nruUUA
The original Flame Trees

CC BY Australia. Some rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.