EPISODE ONE FOUR EIGHT: IS... IS IT OVER?
Our time is up. You have failed to prevent the year-ending process, and this... is... the... end............. To finish the game, even though we are done, you'll need the following information: 66 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes.
Yep. It's happened. The first signs of me moving out are happening: I've apparently been replaced in my job. So, next year, the team will be under new management (and they will be hella relieved, for that matter), and I wish my successor luck.
So. Down to business. What's happening around the world? Mitt Romney is suffering again, Israel might be launching an attack on Iran, Wills and Kate are looking to hunt down paparazzi, Boy Scouts are in a sex abuse scandal, and a man has tried to fly in an AEROPLANE with a monkey in his pants. In his defence, somebody told him that he was "monkeying about" and he just took it a fraction literally.
Next: what's happening in Australia? Nothing. Just pollies, suits, and other bigwigs arguing and complaining about how this country has been run and how it should be run. Although goon bags are now high fashion, thanks largely to Swedes. Are you fucking kidding me? Goon in a handbag? Criminy...
Next: what's happening in my life? I've jumped out of a moving train, scored three hundred and one in a game of tenpin bowling, stocked my fridge with raspberries, almost won the right to play video games, called shots, and sung Feel The Love by Rudimental while feeling exceedingly happy on a fine Sunday morning (causing people to think I got laid the night before).
Music you should be singing, but I am instead:
- Running (Disclosure rmx) - Jessie Ware
- Feel The Love - Rudimental
- Toucan Wing - BoomBaptist
- Polish Girl - Neon Indian
- Idea Of Happiness - Van She
- Nicodeine Crush / Aquaflash - Rachel Haircut
- Hanging On - Active Child
- Can't Get Better Than This (Jeff Drake rmx) - Parachute Youth
- Jacquelyn Hyde - MC Frontalot
- Baguette? - Tyler Touché
- Warrior - Mark Foster & A-Trak ft. Kimbra
- Catgroove - Parov Stelar
So for those who read but aren't aware, I'm doing Extra Life. Just like my hair-dying job in March, I'm hoping to raise a bunch of money for kid's hospitals. Donate here and watch me go crazy in the coconut come October!
knock it all back and forget our names
'cause it's our last night, and it's one last fight
We're the last ones, the last ones standing.
(with apologies to Example)
Oh, and one more thing:
XUBUNTU 12.04 (glChess) vs. WINDOWS 7 (Chess Titans)
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. 0-0 Nxe4 6. d4 b5 7. d5 bxa4 8. Qe1 f5 9. dxc6 d6 10. Nc3 Nxc3 11. Qxc3 Be6 12. Ng5 Bg8 13. Qd3 f4 14. Nf3 Be7 15. Rd1 Qb8 16. Qe4 (White is setting up something sneaky here...) Qb5 17. Bxf4 exf4 18. Re1 0-0-0?? (oops! Possibly Black's biggest mistake) 19. Qxe7 Qxb2 20. Rab1 Qf6 21. Qe2 (there is nothing left for Black now. White has successfully rushed against an attempted steamroll. Even 21. ...Re8 or even 21. ...Rd7, to give the king an escape option, are both thwarted by 22. Qa8. Every other move is just delaying the inevitable) g6 22. Qxa6# 1-0
WINDOWS 7: 1 win, 1 loss from 2 games
XUBUNTU 12.04: 1 win, 1 loss from 2 games
MAC OS X: 0 games