toc toc toc
Last time on the CJ Curry Experience, we interviewed James Joyce, Charles Darwin and Marylin Monroe. We had an online water fight, which I won quite easily. I also managed to invent the time machine and the polarised cat5 cable. We promised that this week would be fun. Well, it won't, because this is the last CJ Curry Experience from S2. Haha!
Welcome back to the CJ Curry Experience. I mention this only because it's part of a pattern.
POST 40: ...AND WE DON'T KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING (pt 2 of 2)
I kinda lied last post, I do have a lot of good points. So here is my 2009 in review. First by date, then by stat.
- Highest point: February 21-March 1, during O Week at LTU. I missed out on one day, but MAN did I enjoy everything else! For the first time I started thinking whether I could organise stuff like that, but at the time it was a fleeting thought.
- Second highest point: October 7, finding out that I had been made Study Mentor for next year. I'd been eyeing it off since at least August, possibly July, and maybe even earlier. I don't remember. Either way, I was happy as anything.
- Lowest point: October 12-18, the hardest week I have faced at uni. Being Study Mentor, I had a lot of training and such to do already, and this, compounded with a medical complaint and two very hefty assignments, made me think for the first time since being at uni that "I may be in over my head". Thankfully, I'm not.
- First university experience: February 22. Move-in day.
- First Eagle Bar experience: February 26.
- First drinking experience (that is, tipsy or beyond): June 4. That was a gooooooood night.
- Last exam: still to come...
- Blogspot posts made: 40
- Facebook statuses: 242
- Tweets: 638
- Nodermeets visited: 1
- Wallets destroyed: 1
- Lectures attended: 252
- Songs now in my playlist: 6,376
- Formal shoes worn: twice
- Suit worn: twice
- Games clocked (def: beating the final boss at least once): 8
- Games hundred-percented (def: unlocking everything, beating everything): 1
- Sleepless nights: 24
- Highest score on Spelunky: 104,680
- Amount of Portello consumed: not enough
And finally, the writeup headers' references!
- "Everything I say is being <> bananas." -- Red Dwarf. The crew are in AR, and they are being edited.
- "Get the squid for the next scene." -- Everything2. The node is called "He said 'tentacle porn', so I stuck my dick in a toaster and went from there."
- "I was once a clueless young nerd-boy..." -- Half Everything2 (I was once a clueless young noder...) and half Sluggy Freelance (nerd-boy). I like that rabbit.
- "All you can eat? We'll see about that..." -- Dilbert. Not the comic, the TV show. Dilbert's dad isn't coming home until he's had all he can eat.
- "THE GOLDEN AGE OF GOLD." -- Not sure what inspired this one, actually.
- "Spotlight eyes on endless skies." -- Cryptic, by Pin Me Down. As found on Kitsuné Maison's compilation nr. 6 (IIRC).
- "I wish to register a complaint!" -- If you don't know where this comes from, we can no longer be friends.
- "I'm blogging and I can't get up." -- Again, this should be obvious.
- "D'you get wafers with it?" -- Another Monty Python gem.
- "Spare a dime?" -- That was just random shit.
- "Urgh, is it that time of second again?" -- Ditto. Looking back, it doesn't look easy to interpret.
- "I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be..." -- Red Dwarf-inspired, yet again. This time, from the novel.
- "And here we are, half past three in the morning..." -- Insomnia by Faithless. I like good music. I don't like bad music. Rock, metal, and associated sub-genres are bad music. Electronica is good music.
- "You expect me to do WHAT?" -- My, erm, creative interpretation of "No, Mister Bond, I expect you to die."
- "No! Eh? Chut up!" -- As I say in the post, this wasn't movie-inspired, but rather Facebook-quiz-inspired. The pseudo-random nature of the quiz, as well as the fact that it shits all over other FB quizzes, really made me lol.
- "Le damn." -- My curse.
- "You're paying for overpriced air!" -- Another Dilbert one, from the same episode as before.
- "SOMEONE. WILL. DIE." -- Red Vs Blue, S1E7. Another one that shits all over something I hate, that being soap operas.
- "A major problem in Australia" -- Australians! Remember the old piracy warnings on video cassettes? Well, that got sampled by KoxBox and made into a song!
- "Now, let's get on with the happy happy show!" -- A recent episode of Good News Week. I love it.
- "Prepare to be sieged." -- I've discovered that my first name can be pronounced "Ceej", and therefore sound like "siege". Thus, instead of owning someone, I siege them.
- "I declare blag!" -- A combination of "I declare hax" - from a friend - and "blag", a term that shits all over blogs. But I don't hate blogs. No no.
- "Comment Moderation my arse..." -- One of the features I hate most about Blogspot.
- "Time for a quick interruption." -- Not sure what inspired this one either.
- "In case you still can't get enough..." -- In S2 I started getting less pop-culturey.
- "And all the hearts are glowing..." -- From Terry Taylor's "Spring Has Sprung", a song written specifically for The Neverhood.
- "Run, while you still can. n00b." -- (puts on Southern US accent) Get away from ma posts if y'all a n00b.
- "I saw it coming. Did you?" -- I did see it coming. I saw 2012 theories coming a long way off.
- "If I ever recover..." -- Basement Jaxx. Jasement Baxx. Masebent Jaxx. Jasebent Maxx. However you interpret them, they're still awesome.
- "Procrastination is the mother of blogging." -- Just a little observation.
- "I don't need this skin and bones... ah, fuck it." -- I *do* need this skin and bones. Ramona Was A Waitress by Paul Dempsey, a song about AI.
- "I used to dance with my daddy..." -- Datarock! Datarock! Datarock dances with their daddy!
- "I win at life. Srsly. Maybe. Perhaps. OK, fine, I don't." -- Yeah.
- "The sweetest song, the saddest song." -- A portmanteau, if you will, of Weekender by Sunday Session ft. Zoë Johnston, and I Love You by Unity.
- "Step one: throw back head. Step two: laugh. Step three: repeat step two constantly." -- Do it. That was my own, by the way.
- "Me, you, and joy." -- Partly inspired by Mario & Luigi RPG2. A few of the alien instructions read "joy".
- "I no longer have class." -- I no longer had classes.
- "And the winner is..." -- Inspired by the (then) recent announcing of Rio as the 2016 Olympic Games site.
- "November has nothing on me." -- November is just not as awesome as I am.
- "Whose year is it, anyway?" Pretty much pilfered from Whose Line Is It, Anyway?
Join us for Season 3, which starts next year! Don't worry, the Goodyear blimp will announce my return to blagging. So, if you live in an area that gets good reception from the blimp, look skywards every day at 3:14:15 am (that's fourteen minutes past three, and fifteen seconds).
Also, if you want me to get back into blagging sooner, donations go to CJ Curry as per usual: put the money in a sack, throw it over a rainbow, and run three miles in the opposite direction. Then, when you get home, smear your toes with jam, stand upside-down and yell "I'M SIGNIFICANT!" for four hours without end. Incidentally, you can tell that I've been brought up on a healthy diet of The Goon Show.
Ciaofornow. See you in Season 3!
Credits (listed in order of appearance)
enough... no more freaking credits...