June 18, 2011

Well, that about wraps it up for another season.

the 100th experience has begun...

CJ CURRY S05 E20: THE CJ CURRY EXPERIENCE 100TH EPISODE SPECTACLE!

)-o-o-(
(closest thing I could get to spectacles)

Welcome to the last CJ Curry Experience for Season 5, and the last until at least the end of July. I never thought I'd reach 100 episodes, but here I am, and here it is.

MY THOUGHTS

I'm gonna say that this blog has pretty much done, and exceeded, what I wanted. I aimed to entertain, to fascinate, to confuse, and to piss you off. I've done all four. And I've also gotten something out of it for myself: I've discovered just how much I've changed in the last two-and-half years. You can see that for yourself: check out this - my first blog post - and see just how much my writing and my personality have changed.

I won't lie. I toyed with the idea of throwing this blog out the window once I hit a hundred, so I can focus on other projects I have (namely my 365 project, among others), but then I realised that I can't, really. I'll keep it going for at least up to 200 posts - that's five years worth of posts. It'll be an achievement that isn't obtainable with an Xbox. That'll do me nicely.

As is, I'll be taking another hiatus between seasons and hopefully getting the sixth season out at a faster pace than the fifth. I try to get a post done every five to six days, but this semester I've left (inadvertent) gaps of anywhere up to ten days. So, I can see I've got catching up to do.

OTHER PEOPLE'S THOUGHTS
  • "When I read it, I don't know what to think" --Nicole
  • "From what I've read so far, it's very witty and hilarious" -- Kristin
  • "I'm a fan of random stuff... I like reading it every few weeks when I'm bored" -- Sean
  • "I like blogs with a point and it seems yours has no point, but well written" -- Simon
  • "Hehe =p" -- Abs
  • "I don't think you've ever replied to any of my comments" -- Chris
  • "I have read some entries, and I like the novelty of it" -- David
  • "Impressive... short and to the point" -- Rishi
  • "With the short attention span I have I often forget to look at it" -- Fiona
  • "I've seen you post it, but haven't really been compelled to take a look yet" -- Josh
  • "I don't really read it" -- Sarah
  • "Creepy" -- Craig
  • Your name and thoughts here? Please comment if you have anything to add!
A QUICK LOOK BACK

I started this blog back in March 2009 with a quip of "I can eat a Pounder burger with no negative side-effects". I haven't eaten a Pounder since. I also completely forgot to mention that I'm a gamer (though I did mention it in later episodes). I (hopefully) made people lose The Game real quick - second episode - and hopefully I just made you lose again. Fast-forward to the Ashes and the time when my gaming - and blogging - really kicked off, and I started making a name for myself throughout the college. I now have a readership that includes the US, the UK, China, Denmark, New Zealand, Slovenia, and Russia, among others. Not bad for an Australian blog! As of writing I have over 1,500 hits. Thanks to each and every one of those 1,500, including the 1,499 that were from me. Also thanks for the 31 comments (including my own 9 comments) and for the 1 endorsement (which of course was all me).

HUNDREDTH PIECE OF RANDOM SHIT

anarchy.

NEWS AND STUFF

Global news: a huge step has been taken by the UN to recognise the rights of LGBT people - finally, they have recognised that LGBT people are actually people and have voted that discrimination against them is bad. In other developments, Antarctica has been discovered to be really freakin' cold.

Regional news: the volcano in Chile is recovering from its hangover and is spewing out hot ash less. Good news for air traffic control. Bad news for volcano hunters. In other developments, New Plymouth in New Zealand has been ripped to shreds by two tornadoes. Apparently nobody's been hurt, so it seems like all's well.

National news: our Prime Minister Julia "Ranga" Gillard is being compared pretty much nonstop with our ex-Prime Minister Kevin "07" Rudd, whom Gillard ousted one year ago. Ms Gillard's approval ratings are pretty damn low right now, and honestly I can't see much good coming out of this. For anyone. (Except maybe our non-Prime Minister, Tony "Budgie-Smuggler" Abbott.)

Local news: a man has died trying to save a 10-year-old girl, presumably his daughter, from a house fire on the Mornington Peninsula. Unfortunately, both man and daughter died at the scene.

College news: exam time! How are you lot all faring? I'm one down, three to go; this actually marks another historic occasion for the Experience because this is the first time I've ever written an Experience during a semester exam period. But enough of that.

Sport news: State Of Origin III will happen and it'll be damned important to New South Welsh and Queenslanders alike. But I don't give a tinker's toss. I'm outta here.

100TH EPISODE PRESENT
CCCC
C
C
C
CCCC

JJJJJ
J
J
J J
J



CCCC
C
C
C
CCCC

U U
U U
U U
U U
UUU

RRRR
R R
RRRR
R R
R R

RRRR
R R
RRRR
R R
R R

Y Y
Y Y
Y
Y
Y

^..^
/ OO \
|)::(|
\::::/
w w

And finally: SEE YOU NEXT SEMESTER!

join the experience again... maybe in August

No comments:

CC BY Australia. Some rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.