September 28, 2010

Needs more summer!

(rated M for Mature content: contains too much CJ for one to handle)

Last time on the CJ Curry Experience: we threw one hundred old CDs like Frisbees, chatted with a small mole and his family about maple syrup, and jumped off the top of a bouncy castle.

And coming up today: we pick up a paintball gun, show you the difference between potatoes and dragons, and do fifty more legal things with a pointed stick.

THE CJ CURRY EXPERIENCE 73: 8-BIT IS NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!

Today is a day of writing. So I will write! Enjoy, or I'll tear this piece of paper I'm holding. You have been warned.

-------------------------------------------

what did i do last night?

so i've woken up, not in my own bed, but on the floor just to the side of my own bed. quick assessment of the situation: headache. heavy eyelids. still wearing clothes. beside me: deck of cards. bottles.

a further inspection hears the tv running. must have turned it on last night or something. i get up, slowly, knocking a couple of bottles over in the process. the bedroom door is heavy as anything.

i'm still a little unsteady on my feet. unsure when my last drink was. still, need to save electricity. walking into the lounge, and the bright light hurts for a fraction of a second, and then...

...on the couch I see the most beautiful girl in the world, watching a movie. She is my girlfriend of eight months, and she flashes me a smile as I walk in. She'll be only too glad to fill me in on last night, but that'll have to wait until afterwards. Right now, there's more important priorities...

but of course, none of that happened. my disturbed amnesia only dreamed that. instead all i did was sit up all night, writing this story.

i'm alone.
i'm lonely.
i'm cold.

it's a wednesday. no work today. public holiday. also means everything will be shut and nobody will be out. that means there'll be nobody for me to meet.

to share my story with someone. to sit down with someone and do nothing for hours. to spoil someone and make them feel special. they keep saying i'll find someone. where? when? how? and will it be right?

3am. still awake. time for a random walk through the city, i think. lo and behold, nobody is out. until...

"Hi."

the moonlight illuminates her perfectly. the street lamps don't hurt either. dirty blonde, messy hair down to there. deep eyes. five seven, maybe five eight. a t-shirt that reads OMG WTF LOL.

we walk, we talk. we take a couple of turns that neither of us have heard of. i ask a couple of odd questions. taking the little risk here and there. and in the end, it turns out that she often goes on these walks, trying to find someone just as crazy as i am.

i won't remember the minutiae of the conversation.

eight months later, she'll be in the lounge.

-------------------------------------------

Next time on the CJ Curry Experience: we show off our LISP, discover the formulæ for creating fifty megatons of ultradeath on popular video games, and suck on a lolly.

1 comment:

Chris Hawkins said...

Have you seen this? If not, enjoy.

CC BY Australia. Some rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.